Here are a few sites that have helped me immensely in learning photography, promoting myself, and staying inspired. In talking to people who are just starting out, I’ve heard about other photographers guarding their sources (perhaps out of fear of greater competition) and I’ve always found that very sad. So I hope these will help some people as they’ve helped me.
- Learning anything and everything, from basic to advanced: Digital Photography School
- Wonderful forum and great galleries for inspiration: Photo.net
- Business Cards (great cause you can use your own photos): Moo.com
- Photo Printing (cheap & excellent quality): Adorama Pix
- Printing to glass: FractureMe
- Book Making: Blurb
- Awesome, unique photo equipment: Photojojo
- Recommended Books: Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision, Creative Nature & Outdoor Photography, Speedliter’s Handbook, VisionMongers: Making a Life & Living in Photography, Vision and Voice: Refining you Vision in Lightroom, The Practice of Contemplative Photography
- Books on my next-to-read list: Photographically Speaking: A Deeper Look at Creating Stronger Images, Believing is Seeing (Observations on the Mysteries if Photography)
- Anyone interested in nature, conservation, or wildlife photography, these are great organizations and magazines: ILCP, NANPA, Outdoor Photographer, Natures Best, and the Legacy Institute for Nature and Culture.
- For anyone in the Tampa Bay Area, here are some local services that are great: Camera Repair, Photo Lab, Classes and Workshops
Finally, I’d like to throw in some of my photography inspirations and heroes: Carlton Ward, Jr., Clyde Butcher, John Moran, Franz Lanting, Christina Mittermeier, Art Wolfe, and Henri Cartier-Bresson, to name just a few…
Hope this has been of some help & as I find more goodies, I’ll be sure to add them here. And if you have any websites that have helped you out, please let me know in the comments. Cheers!